Administrative services specialist
The Carolina Center for Public Service (CCPS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is seeking a qualified individual to serve as administrative services specialist. The position is classified as SHRA and reports to the associate director of the Center. The administrative services specialist will provide office management, financial and administrative support, assistance with outreach and development, and coordination for selection processes and reporting functions. A detailed job description, including required qualifications and instructions for submitting an application, is available at unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/116260.
APPLES summer fellowship
The APPLES summer fellow position will be supervised by the CCPS program officer for student programs and will work collaboratively with various CCPS staff. The fellow will have the following responsibilities:
- Co-present with a staff member at summer orientation sessions to represent CCPS programs.
- Coordinate promotional opportunities for summer and early fall programs and events.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Service-Learning Initiative.
- Arrange for meeting space and other event planning requests.
- Initiate and sustain record-keeping and detailed systems to keep the office organized.
- Coordinate information and systems needed for SAFO deposits and refunds.
- Update Carolina Center for Public Service website and social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter).
- Answer phones, greet walk-ins, respond to general emails and reply to phone messages.
- Implement summer projects (various assignments will be identified).
- Participate in CCPS staff meetings and other activities.
- Perform basic office functions, including copying, mailing and filing.
Qualifications: Prior work experience in an office/business setting is preferred with priority given to students who have participated in an APPLES program. The summer fellow must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of people, as well as exhibit a professional and positive attitude. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. A working knowledge of Word and Excel is required. Interested students should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 27.
Dates of employment: May 2017 – August 2017
Hours: Up to 35 hours a week for 10-12 weeks (350 hours total)
The Carolina Center for Public Service is a pan-university center reporting to the Office of the Provost. The mission of CCPS is to engage and support the faculty, students and staff of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in meeting the needs of North Carolina and beyond. The Center strengthens the University’s public service commitment by promoting scholarship and service that are responsive to the concerns of the state and contribute to the common good.