The Buckley Public Service Scholars program model incorporates a substantial commitment to public service and also several forms of structured training and reflection on that service. To successfully complete the program, students must complete and log:
- A BPSS orientation session
- 300 hours of public service
- One service-learning course
- Four approved skills trainings
- A senior reflection activity
- Minimum cumulative GPA (of 3.0 or above Buckley Public Service Scholar and 2.5-2.9 for Special Recognition in Public Service)
Throughout the program, participants log their progress in the Buckley Portfolio, a database system which allows them to keep accurate records of their service involvement and training. Upon successful completion of the program, Buckley Public Service Scholars are recognized at a special graduation ceremony and receive a public service cord and notation on their transcript.
There are also a number of non-required opportunities for service and engagement connected to BPSS in which participants are able to become involved.