Volunteer opportunities for clean-up and repair
As communities across eastern North Carolina deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, efforts continue at Carolina to aid in many aspects of recovery. Individuals and groups of staff, faculty and students have already made several relief trips. The Carolina Center for Public Service, together with the campus and community partners, is organizing campus-wide relief trips to affected areas. These trips are for UNC staff, faculty and students who are willing to help with clean-up or who have specialized building and repair skills. If you would like to receive updates on future relief trips, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Since December 2016, the Carolina Center for Public Service has partnered with the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church (NCCUMC) to support Hurricane Matthew disaster relief efforts in Princeville, Lumberton and Fayetteville, North Carolina. In June, NCCUMC launched its Adopt-a-Home program to help displaced families in Lumberton. Organizational partners are needed to help get families back into their homes by volunteering labor and providing donations to purchase furniture, appliances and home furnishings. For details and to get involved in this effort, contact email@example.com.
Upcoming relief trips
- Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Release
- Emergency Contact Information
- CCPS Media Authorization
- CCPS Autorozación por Fotos y Videos
- Return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dec. 9, 2016 to Tarboro, North Carolina
- Dec. 16, 2016 to Garland, North Carolina
- Jan. 27, 2017 to Lumberton, North Carolina
- March 17, 2017 to Princeville, North Carolina
- April 21, 2017 to Fayetteville, North Carolina
- May 19, 2017 to Lumberton, North Carolina
- Oct. 6, 2017 to Lumberton, North Carolina
- Nov. 4, 2017 to Lumberton, North Carolina (sponsored by APPLES Service-Learning)
- Dec. 1, 2017 to Lumberton, North Carolina
- Feb. 24, Lumberton, North Carolina (hosted by APPLES Service-Learning)
- March 2, Lumberton, North Carolina
Thank you to The Home Depot at Patterson Place on Mount Moriah Road in Durham for helping with supplies for disaster relief trips.
The Carolina Center for Public Service at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for its events and programs. If you need accommodations, please contact email@example.com or call 919-843-7568. Every reasonable effort will be made to implement accommodations in an effective and timely manner.