Graduate & Professional Student Awards & Funding
- Up to $2,000 to develop and implement engagement or engaged scholarship projects that are responsive to community priorities and have an academic connection
- Fellows work in collaboration with community partners and faculty mentors who are familiar with their topics or geographic areas
- Fellowships run from March to November.
- Between $150 and $300 to support project- or event-based collaborations with a community partner
- To apply, students submit a project or event proposal along with the written endorsement of a community partner.
- $1,900 to support study and engaged research in environmental field sites, preferably abroad
- Must continue your studies at UNC-Chapel Hill in the semester following the fellowship
- Applications for the 2020 Mingma Norbu Sherpa Fellowship open Nov. 1 and close Feb. 7.
Awarded for a specific effort (rather than an overall record) exemplifying outstanding engagement and service to the state of North Carolina that is characterized by:
- working in partnership with community members,
- inspiring and involving others, and/or helping others to serve,
- responding to a practical problem, issue or concern of the state and
- working to assure the impact in the community is lasting.
You may also be interested in…
The Carolina Center for Public Service hires UNC graduate and professional students to offer skills trainings to undergraduate BPSS participants and be involved with the senior reflection review process each year.