Announcements and Deadlines
- Apply now to participate in an Alternative Spring Break trip! Students spend spring break traveling to various communities in North Carolina, with service and educational opportunities focused on a specific topic. Participants also take a 2-credit hour, EE-service-learning course during spring semester. Apply through the CCPS Application Portal by Nov. 10.
- APPLES Expeditions are back! Sign up for a one-day service project with other students at various locations in NC. You can see the upcoming Expeditions and sign up here.
- If you are looking for individual service opportunities, you can visit the Public Service Database.
- Sign up for the APPLES Announcements newsletter and submit announcements for the listserv by emailing APPLES.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.
- Service-learning courses
- View the 2022 spring course listing (You may also check Connect Carolina and search courses by E3-Service Learning.)
Previous Service-Learning Summer Internships
Rising senior Jennifer Barber of Waxhaw, North Carolina, a public relations major, spent her summer as a paid intern at the North Carolina Therapeutic Riding Center, working with children of all abilities during summer camp sessions.
Zareen Farooqui is a junior studying business administration and computer science at UNC-Chapel Hill. This summer, she’s using the knowledge she gained in her classes to revamp United Way of the Greater Triangle’s Teaming for Technology Program.