APPLES Service-Learning is a student-led program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that transforms educational experiences by connecting academic learning and public service. Since 1990, APPLES has strengthened civic engagement by bringing together students, faculty and communities in sustained and mutually beneficial partnerships.
APPLES offers a variety of programs, including alternative breaks, service-learning initiative, internships, courses and fellowships.
Announcements and deadlines
- Apply now for an APPLES Alternative Winter Break. Applications close Oct. 6.
- Apply now for an APPLES Spring Internship. Applications close Oct. 9. Attend an interest meeting for more information: Sept. 22 at 7 p.m. in Dey Hall, room 201 and Oct. 1 at 5 p.m. in Student Union, room 2422.
- Apply now for a Bryan Social Innovation Fellowship. Applications close Oct. 20.
- Rolling submissions - Students: APPLES Partnership Grants. Apply online.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.