APPLES Service-Learning is a student-led program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that transforms educational experiences by connecting academic learning and public service. Since 1990, APPLES has strengthened civic engagement by bringing together students, faculty and communities in sustained and mutually beneficial partnerships.
APPLES offers a variety of programs, including alternative breaks, service-learning initiative, internships, courses and fellowships. For more information on these offerings, refer to the menu on the left.
Announcements and deadlines
- Applications are now open for the 2013 Service-Learning Initiative. Apply online by July 21.
- The fall 2013 APPLES course list is now available.
- Rolling submissions - Faculty/Instructors: APPLES Course Support & Enhancements Grants. Apply online.
- Rolling submissions - Students: APPLES Partnership Grants. Apply online.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.