APPLES Service-Learning is a student-led program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that transforms educational experiences by connecting academic learning and public service. Since 1990, APPLES has strengthened civic engagement by bringing together students, faculty and communities in sustained and mutually beneficial partnerships.
APPLES offers a variety of programs, including alternative breaks, service-learning initiative, internships, courses and fellowships.
Announcements and deadlines
- Service-learning course development grants are open through Feb. 9. View the RFP here.
- The spring 2015 APPLES service-learning course listing is available and will be updated regularly.
- Applications to host a summer 2015 service-learning intern are open through Nov. 26.
- Rolling submissions - Students: APPLES Partnership Grants. Apply online.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.