APPLES Service-Learning is a student-led program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that transforms educational experiences by connecting academic learning and public service. Since 1990, APPLES has strengthened civic engagement by bringing together students, faculty and communities in sustained and mutually beneficial partnerships.
APPLES offers a variety of programs, including alternative breaks, service-learning initiative, internships, courses and fellowships.
APPLES recently celebrated 25 years of service-learning at UNC. Learn more about APPLES’ history and see photos of the anniversary celebration.
Announcements and deadlines
- The APPLES Service-Learning Initiative application is open. Incoming first-year and transfer students can apply online through the CCPS Application and Nominations Portal before July 20.
- The summer 2015 course listing is now available.
- The fall 2015 course listing is now available.
- Applications to host a spring APPLES Service-Learning intern are open Aug. 3 – Sept. 4, 2015. Learn more about hosting an intern.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.