APPLES Service-Learning is a student-led program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that transforms educational experiences by connecting academic learning and public service. Since 1990, APPLES has strengthened civic engagement by bringing together students, faculty and communities in sustained and mutually beneficial partnerships.
APPLES offers a variety of programs, including alternative breaks, service-learning initiative, internships, courses and fellowships.
On Feb. 27 and 28, 2015, APPLES will celebrate its 25th anniversary of service-learning at UNC-Chapel Hill. We hope you will save the date and join us. Invitations to follow.
Announcements and deadlines
- Service-learning course development grants are open through Feb. 9. View the RFP here.
- The spring 2015 APPLES service-learning course listing is available and will be updated regularly.
- Summer internship applications are open through Jan. 23.
- APPLES is celebrating 25 years! Join us for our celebration Feb. 27-28.
- Rolling submissions - Students: APPLES Partnership Grants. Apply online.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.