APPLES Service-Learning is a student-led program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that transforms educational experiences by connecting academic learning and public service. Since 1990, APPLES has strengthened civic engagement by bringing together students, faculty and communities in sustained and mutually beneficial partnerships.
APPLES offers a variety of programs, including alternative breaks, service-learning initiative, internships, courses and fellowships.
Announcements and deadlines
- Student applications for summer 2014 internships will open Dec. 4 and remain open through Feb. 2. View the summer 2014 internship listing and apply online.
- View the spring 2014 APPLES course listing.
- Rolling submissions - Faculty/Instructors: APPLES Course Support & Enhancements Grants. Apply online.
- Rolling submissions - Students: APPLES Partnership Grants. Apply online.
- Students enrolled in APPLES classes should complete the online module.